At the center of our world are our people. Our people are like protons, always positive. They understand the power of a smile. They thrive on genuine connections. Our people lead rather than manage. We hire your intelligence, and your experience, but above all, we choose you for your smile, your kindness and your magnetic personality. Together, we will learn from each other, and make the world a smilier place.
Your job is to make people smile.
As a Shift Leader you are responsible for leading team members and ensuring the Menchie’s experience is upheld during your assigned shifts. You are to lead by example, maintain a positive attitude, exemplify professional behavior, assist in development of team members, use organizational tools and follow up on assigned duties. You will also assist the store leader in the day to day operations which include ordering, inventory management, and cash management.
Your roles and responsibilites include the following, but are not limited to:
Embody the culture of Menchie’s by upholding the Menchie’s vision, mission, values, 3P’s, and be a positive role model for team members
Know all team member duties and positions
Ensure team members on shift are delivering the 5Gs to all guests. Example: All team members are greeting guests with eye contact, smiles, and warm Menchie’s welcome
Use guest recovery on unsatisfied guests
Handle difficult guest situations
Uphold all safety standards and operational procedures
Maintain a clean store during your shift
Keep team members deployed in their proper position
Maintain quality food products and ensure all products are available to guests
Responsible for educating, coaching, and developing team members
Support the implementation of promotions during your shift
Ensure the team is following all cleaning and sanitation procedures
Uphold proper cash handling standards and procedures are at all times
Responsible for cash in the building
Able to lift 50lbs, stand for long periods of time, and repeated motion
Be at your scheduled shift on time and report team members who have time and attendance issues
Request shift off at least 2 weeks in advance and communicate any changes in availability to store leader
Hold team members accountable for dress code
Responsible opening and closing procedures are completed on your shift
Responsible for store opening and closing on time during assigned shift
Accountable for key and alarm codes
Do deposits and orders when directed by store leader
As a team member you are responsible for creating the Menchie’s experience for all guests by upholding our standards in guest care, product quality, store environment and cleanliness.
Your roles and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
• Embody the culture of Menchie’s by upholding the Menchie’s vision, mission, values, and deliver the Menchie’s Experience (3Ps)
• Provide the 5Gs guest care with all guests
• Be respectful to guests at all times
• Share product knowledge and new promotional items with guests
• Follow all safety/store guidelines and procedures
• Maintain product quality by completing food related tasks to standard
• Learn and work efficiently in all stations. (bubble, runner, and prep)
• Maintain a clean store and follow all sanitation procedures
• Use first in first out procedures (FIFO) when handling any product
• Follow proper cash handling policies and procedures
• Clock in to your scheduled shift on time and in full uniform
• Follow proper procedures for covering your shift
• Request a shift off at least two weeks in advance and changes in availability must be approved by the store leader
• Communicate questions and concerns to the leadership team
• Perform a range of movements which require lifting up to 40lbs, standing for long periods of time, and doing tasks which involve repetitive motion
• Communicate low inventory items to the leadership team
• Have a clean uniform, be in dress code, and follow proper hygenic standards
Menchie's is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Menchie's will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Menchie's will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.